Saturday, April 21, 2007

DSLR is easy mode for photo newbies: battle of the chefs

Recently, I visited the Penang Battle of the Chefs convention. Excellent opportunity to get some practice shots on food. Truthfully, most of the items the cooks whipped up seemed like crap. Partly, this was because the day I went was the day the "apprentices" competed. I look at the photos today....OMG...they are freaking good. The dishes look so godamn good, a lot beter than I first thought. All I did was autofocus shoot with flash on. DSLR is easy mode for photo dummies......lol wtf?


This is supposed to be the twin towers....Not bad I think...




The photos really make the dishes look good although I didn't think highly of them....for instance, I was thinking what the heck do I do with that prawn... and the last photo, what do I do with that? There isn't much on the plate.

This is the roti making contest...this guy was doing a dance while making roti...OMG hahaha. It was freaking awesome the way this guy making roti...





I thought these lamb chops looked good...in the frying pan....


I thought these dishes were interesting, though if they were served at a restaurant, I'd seriously consider asking for my money back as I would think they are freaking cheap for putting so little on the plate.


Winners from the day before

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll stick to char koay teow...

Leon said...

haha gin....go char koay teow