Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Scurrying about Chicago

Well seeing how I'm spending time running about on my own with my bro at work, I decided to go see some of what Chicago has to offer, namely Lincoln Park Zoo. I jumped on a bus to travel from downtown Michigan Avenue towards Lincoln Park. Today was an especially cold day, I call it...nut freezing temperature.

The bus system really has its own interest at heart. During the bus ride, the company advertised that they would be reducing routes and raising fares because of budget cuts. Contact your legislator if you want it changed. Well, that will certainly get your attention. It's a sure fire way to reach your target audience. That will really push you to get off your butt and do something. I saw another commercial on tv saying "if you lost money in the stock market from stock advice or mutual fund, call this number you may be entitled to settlement." Commercials like that don't happen in Malaysia, commercials that encourage people to act up and inform them what they can do about it.

So, finallly I got off at the Lincoln Park Zoo. As I walked through the zoo, I thought man... I heard that this was one of the most expensive place to live in Chicago and now I know why. Basically, the zoo is in this huge recreational park and it's free. Where else in the world can you go out and say hmmm...lets go for a walk in a park and go see the siberian tiger or the polar bear? To boot, it's five minutes away from down town Chicago, US' third largest city. Comparatively, the famous Central Park in NYC is not exactly appealing as there is just this huge park where you could get mugged (home alone 2). I guess I should give Central Park a chance as I've not yet seen it, but barring any huge surprises, Lincoln Park is probably the coolest park in the US and world.

No comments: