Sunday, January 06, 2008

Field's Museum and the CBOT

Over the last few days I did a little shopping and sightseeing. I visited the CBOT and Field's museum. The Field's Museum displays some one of a kind exhibits including the biggest Tyrannosaurus Rex ever discovered.

Not only this, they also had other large dinosaur skeletons such as triceratops and stegosaurus. While the dinosaur were impressive, I thought they should be much larger for some reason. I guess I've been brainwashed by the years of television dinosaurs. Those buggers looked huge in the movies.

Visiting the CBOT, where money is made much like a stock exchange wasn't as good as I thought. The building is quite picturesque given the interesting art deco building design. But they closed the observation area, so visitors were unable to see the exchange in action. It's just interesting to me to see all the pit traders in action live.

No comments: