Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shopping in penang

I recently was looking to buy a new pair of sandals. A few weeks back my sandals lost their soles. I guess I could try and have their soles replaced, but I figured that I've had my previous sandals for about 5 years and it was time for a change. Where do sandals that lost their soles go? For me, I think they will most likely go into the garbage dump.

Sandals

But before I let them go, I need to find a replacement. I went to three shopping malls: Gurney, Queensbay, and Island Plaza. I first went to Gurney and Island. I found a lot of selection at these places, but none that suited my tastes. Also when I found some choices, they didn't have my sizes. Ah well, I thought to myself surely I will find some at Queensbay, after all with its sheer size, it will surely have more items.

Gurney Plaza

Island Plaza

Queensbay had different stores, but seemed to carry the same items as Gurney and Island Plaza. I think that carrying the same items defeats the purpose of having different stores. Why would I want to go all the way to Queensbay to buy shoes when they have the exact same selection than gurney? In fact, I think Gurney and Island together carry a better selection.

Queensbay Mall

As much potential that Queensbay mall has of being a really uber shopping center, I still don't see any reason I should go there over Gurney and Island. Gurney and Island don't really carry a lot of great items either, but their stuff is much better than Queensbay. Whats the point of an uber shopping center that has so many items, but much of it is junk? They don't use their mass to attract much better retailers. Ah ....the sad state of shopping in Penang.

I'm still looking for sandals :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of the day I wear sandals in summer season. because those are very comfy and easy to wear. Got a new pair from Zappos last month.

Anonymous said...

lost their soles? but, but...i thought those things were immortal? and didn't the J dude die to save our soles? aww, man...i think you just got a bum deal, dude.

sorry, i couldn't resist a bad pun. :D

sports handicapping software said...

wow I love those shoes hurt that where I am not achieved