Friday, May 02, 2008

Iron Man at GSC, Gurney

I've been wanting to watch this since I saw the preview a couple of months back. I just had a feeling this movie was going to be good. With GSC showing 18 screenings a day, I definitely thought the theaters were going to be packed.

Packed like sardines

Two days before, I went online hoping to make some bookings. Guess what, ZERO tickets for Thursday till the 10pm show. What the hell? Furthermore, I wanted to buy online, and the servers were down. I really don't understand why for paying people, the servers are down?

Anyhow, I went a little early and was able to secure tickets in decent seats. Well the best I could get that day. Pretty decent except at the beginning with people still walking in and periodically blocking the view.

I must admit, I really liked a lot of the movie and wasn't at all disappointed. I just had this feeling it was going to be good. The danger is going in thinking that the movie is good, and leaving the person feeling shortchanged. By far the best scenes involved iron man whooping some Afghanistan insurgents, dogfighting with planes, and in the final stages of completing his armor. Iron Man, seems the weakest of superheros, but he can still lay the smackdown.

Flying Scenes!

I think Robert Downey Jr. did a fantastic job. I've never been impressed by Tony Starks the comic book character. He looked like an uptight royal out of one of the many countries with monarchies. By contrast, Bruce Wayne of Batman is a much more interesting comic book character. Robert did a fantastic job making the character likable, especially given the mundane Tony Starks. I'd compare this to something that Johnny Depp had done with Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Carribean.


Arrrr...matey!

I must mention, though that the Iron man body armor wasn't exactly an original concept. Blizzard's Starcraft 2 introduction movie has a similar set up where a marine's armor is put on a person with machines and bolted into place. Credit to the movie production company for making the graphics work with a human. The Starcraft 2 introduction is all CG.


1 comment:

Toney said...

Opportunities to build up career as warehouse workers are available in both public and private sectors. People seeking career information will obviously be interested to learn their career prospects while opting for warehouse worker's jobs. California Creative Solutions: Data warehouse- A great way to get the tools you need Where do you take used fork lift trucks for servicing