Friday, September 07, 2007

I don't think I'll taste anything better than American Chocolate

Recently I had some fantastic Ghirardelli Chocolate from the US. I can't remember when the last time I missed something from the US so much. For those that don't know, this is an excellent premium small brand from San Francisco California. Probably the most famous is Hershies, but Ghirardelli has always been my favorite.



US may not do a lot of things well, such as world stuff like Iraq (get a few jabs in), but they do chocolate the best and I've not yet tried anything remotely as good. How good? Well I rarely ever miss anything from the US, except well chocolate. Even the more common el cheapo brands (hershies, snickers, m&m) can't screw up chocolate over there. Why is it then that chocolate brands in Malaysia can't get it as good as the US? Well, probably the simple answer is, most of the chocolates here are from Australia. No, I'm not saying their chocolate is horrible, chocolate from Australia comes in a close second. I'm perfectly happy eating chocolate from Australia. But I wonder all the same, what are they feeding their cows in the US?

No comments: