Thursday, August 24, 2006

Resigning

Last week, I’ve had a pretty big emergency and was unable to do any writing. Hence, I would like to state for the record that this blog will be updated regularly at least twice per week. I’ll do my best to stick to it.

Anyways, I’ve had to do some thinking, and realized that I wanted this blog to be a mix of entertainment with things going on in my own life. So if you are still interested, keep reading *smile*.

On to the next subject…..Resigning.

Imaginary person at company HR: So Leon, you are resigning?

Me: Yeah I’ve come to the point where me and the company have to go different directions. It’s a bit difficult, but I've got to move on.

Imaginary person at company HR: But why? I thought you were happy?

Me: Oh nothing is terribly wrong. I am looking to pursue my own interests with another job.

Imaginary person at company HR: What? Another job? So you were busy looking for another company? Go away we don’t need you. How could you leave us? Didn’t you ever think of us? Why why why……….sobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

Me: Errrr………. (me inching towards the door) Hey! Isn’t that Siti Nurhaliza and Datuk K over there?

Imaginary person at company HR: ………Huh? Where?


That’s the last they saw of me…….ducking out of the room.

I’ve got to open up with a bit of humor as saying goodbyes is never fun.

By now it’s pretty clear that I’m resigning from my current job.

So what will I do? Well I was a test engineer at an electronics manufacturing company. Now I’ll be doing something tourism/media related. Interesting? Haha….I didn’t think so. Once in a while I’ll stick a serious post on here.

I’ve got to point out that one of the sad things about resigning is that I’ll be leaving some old friends behind. It’s a bit painful.

On the flip side, I probably won’t miss the politics, hassles of the job, and some of the managers. Also, I won’t be traveling as much which is something I look forward to.

Let me end by saying ‘resigning….it’s nothing new’. Everyone at some time in their life has resigned from their job. Although for me and others I’m sure, the first long term job resignation is tough. One day, I’ll reminisce back to this blog entry. I’ll be able to say this is one of the major decisions in my life. And it will definitely be exciting where the next few years will take me.

One more thing………..check out the cartoon below……



That’s resigning with style!

No comments: